When it comes to cleaning your home vacuum cleaner, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. What works for some people might not work for you. Using various methods to clean your home vacuum cleaner can make the process a lot easier.
If you’re looking for answers about how to clean a Bissell vacuum cleaner and keep it in top condition, read on!
Bissell is a great brand of vacuum cleaners for keeping your home clean. Bissell home cleaners are one of the most popular choices on the market for a reason: they’re reliable, affordable, and easy to use.
But like any other piece of machinery, Bissell cleaners need a little TLC (tender loving care) to keep them running smoothly.
Prop Up With Tools Before You Begin Cleaning
- A dustpan and brush – to sweep up any dirt or debris before it has a chance to get caught in the vacuum
- A soft cloth – for wiping down the outside of the vacuum
- Vacuum attachments – for getting into tight spaces and corners
- Bissell’s Pet Hair Eraser tool – for removing pet hair from upholstery and carpeting
- Any Carpet Cleaner – for deep cleaning carpets and upholstery
You might also find this interesting: The Best Way To Clean a Dirty Carpet Edge
Steps To Clean Your Bissell Vacuum Cleaner
If you own a Bissell vacuum cleaner, you’re in luck! Lets us first walk you through how to clean your Bissell vacuum cleaner so that it stays in top shape and can help you keep your home clean for years to come.
Step 1: Empty The Dust Bin
The first step in cleaning your Bissell vacuum cleaner is to empty the dust bin. Depending on the model of Bissell vacuum you have, this may be as simple as pressing a button and letting the dust and debris fall into the garbage.
Other models may require you to remove the dust bin and tap it against the side of the garbage can to dislodge any stuck debris. Either way, it’s important to do this step regularly to prevent your vacuum from losing suction power.
Step 2: Clean The Brush Rollers
The next step is to clean the brush rollers. First, disconnect your vacuum from the power source and remove the brush rollers from the vacuum head.
Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any hair or debris that may be wrapped around the roller. Once the brush rollers are free of debris, replace them in the vacuum head and reattach the power cord.
Step 3: Rinse Out The Vacuum Head
If your vacuum has a detachable hose, detach it from the vacuum head and rinse it out with warm water. If your model does not have a detachable hose, hold the hose over a sink and run warm water through it until any dirt or debris is flushed out.
Be sure also to rinse out the area where the hose attaches to the vacuum head. Once you’re finished rinsing, allow everything to air dry completely before using your vacuum again.
With just a few simple steps, you can keep your Bissell vacuum cleaner running like new! Be sure to empty the dust bin regularly and clean the brush rollers and hose as needed to prevent your vacuum from losing suction power.
Tips To Keep Your Bissell Home Cleaner In Top Condition
Here are four tips to help you keep your Bissell home cleaner and in top condition so that it can continue to help you maintain a clean and healthy home.
Read The Manual
Many people don’t bother to read their Bissell cleaner’s manual before they start using it. Familiarizing yourself with your machine will help you get the most out of it and avoid any damages that could occur from improper use.
So before you start cleaning, take a few minutes to read through your manual.
Empty The Tank After Each Use
One of the most important things you can do for your Bissell home cleaner is to empty the tank after each use. This seems like a no-brainer, but if you let too much dirt and debris build up in the tank, it can cause problems with the machine’s performance.
So after each cleaning session, make sure to open up the tank and empty all the dirt and debris.
Rinse The Tanks And Filters Regularly
In addition to emptying the tanks after each use, you should also rinse them out regularly at least once a week or so.
This will help remove any build-up that can occur over time and keep your machine running smoothly.
To clean the tanks, just remove them from the machine and rinse them out with warm water. To clean the filters, remove them from the machine and rinse them with warm water as well (if they’re washable).
If they’re not washable, then simply tap them lightly against a trash can or sink to remove any build-up and then put them back in place.
Clean The Machine Regularly
In addition to cleanings its parts, you should also give your Bissell home cleaner a good overall cleaning regularly again, at least once a week or so.
To do this, unplug your machine and then use a damp cloth to wipe down its exterior surfaces.
Be careful not to get water inside the machine this could damage its electrical components but otherwise, give it a good once-over to remove any dirt or debris that has built up on its exterior surfaces. And that’s it!
Another interesting read: Are Carpet Cleaners Good for Carpets?
Instructions To Clean Hand Vacuums
Hand vacuum cleaners are small, portable vacuums that can be used for cleaning up small messes.
They are convenient for spot cleaning and are often used in tight spaces that a larger vacuum cleaner cannot reach. Follow these instructions to keep your vacuum cleaner clean:
- The first step is to empty the dirt cup or chamber. If your model doesn’t have a release button, you can remove the cup by unscrewing it from the vacuum body.
- Once the cup is empty, rinse it out with warm water and soap.
- The next step is to clean the filter. Consult your owner’s manual to see what type of filter your vacuum has and how often it needs to be cleaned or replaced.
- If your hand vacuum has a dustbin, it should be emptied after each use.
- Finally, give your hand vacuum a once-over with a damp cloth.
Instructions To Clean Robot Vacuum
- You should clean your robot vacuum every two weeks or as needed. Depending on the model of the robot vacuum you have, you may also need to replace the filter more often.
- Check your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how often to clean and replace the filter.
- To clean the base, first, remove all the dirt and debris from the base using a dust buster or similar device.
- Next, use a damp cloth to wipe down the inside and outside of the base. Be sure to dry the base thoroughly before putting it back on the charger.
- To clean the brush rolls, first, remove them from the vacuum body and then use a pair of scissors to cut away any tangled hair or fibres.
- Next, use a bristle brush or toothbrush to remove any remaining dirt and debris. Be sure to wash your hands after cleaning the brush rolls.
You might also find this interesting: Can A Robot Vacuum Clean Multiple Rooms?
By following these simple tips and steps about how to clean your Bissel Vacuum Cleaner, you can help keep your cleaner in top condition for years to come.
A Bissell home cleaner is a valuable tool that can help you maintain a clean and healthy home environment for you and your family. Be sure to follow the above-mentioned tips so that you can get the most out of your investment!